Today is Earth Day!
Need some ideas for how you can help save the planet? Or some fun activities that encourage recycling and appreciate the outdoors? Well, we are here to help! We’ve collected some of our favorite activities for Earth Day here:
- Learn about Earth Day and participate in events in your neighborhood: http://www.earthday.org/
- Go on a Picnic! We just love this idea of Picnic for the Planet. Picnic with some of your neighbors, or have a picnic on your own! This is a great way to get outside and enjoy nature. Learn how to Eat Green and Eat Sustainably while you are at it! Food Network also shares some tips for Green Eating.
- Earth Day Crafts – Teach your kids about recycling by creating these fun and simple crafts! Kaboose has some really fun ideas, including cute Animal Jars, a Paper Mache Globe, a Soda Bottle Terrarium and tons more! Check it out!
- Give a Tree – There are many organizations where you can donate or give a tree as a gift. With Tree People your donation will help bring the Angeles National Forest back to life. Heifer International, trees are donated to a family who is then trained to keep their plots of land healthy and renew the soil for future generations.
- Recycle your Clothes and Toys by taking them to Goodwill or your nearest donation center (we always donate to Community Resource Center). Recycling isn’t just for paper and plastic, it’s so important to recycle whatever you can!
SJ Creations has made a commitment to protect our planet through our Pure Organics Face & Body products. All products in the Pure Organics line are EcoCert certified and have 100% recycled, recyclable packaging.
We also strive to help our community through efforts towards improving the quality of life and education for others. Learn about all the charities that SJ Creations founders and team have whole-heartedly supported and continue to reach out to in a variety of ways on our Charity Involvement Page.